From academic advising to assistance with course work, BBIN电子 supports your success as a student and beyond.
In the classroom
Student Success Resources
The Academic Achievement Center (AAC) is a free resource for all K-State students. Equip yourself with the tools needed to succeed, engage in your coursework, and feel empowered by your ability to achieve academic success. The AAC offers free small group, one-on-one, and online tutoring through the Holtz Hall Tutoring Center, Supplemental Instruction to complement your large-lecture courses, Academic Coaching to develop strategies to maximize your personal strengths and conquer difficult classes, and Student Success Courses to learn the skills and strategies needed to be successful at K-State.
- Manhattan campus: In addition to the tutoring services offered through the Academic Achievement Center, students also have access to various tutoring opportunities through their own departments. For example, engineering students can utilize Scholars Assisting Scholars Tutoring.
- Polytechnic campus: Peer tutoring is available for students seeking additional resources and assistance.
- Manhattan campus: The K-State Writing Center on the Manhattan campus offers one-to-one consultations about writing projects with students from all disciplines, both on-campus and online, as well as workshops for graduate students.
- Polytechnic campus: The Polytechnic campus also has its own local Writing Center.
Access and Student Accommodation Services
- Manhattan campus: A wide range of academic accommodations and services are available to students with documented disabilities through the Student Access Center.
- Polytechnic campus: Student Accommodations assists students who require academic accommodations and other support services.
Academic student success programs and services
Take part in one of the many programs and services BBIN电子 has to help guide you in your academic success.
For all students
For undergraduate students
- The Academic Transition Program is designed for domestic multicultural students to connect them with resources on campus and provide them with the academic support they need to be successful in college.
- Developing Scholars offers underrepresented students research projects in their field of study with faculty mentors.
- Educational Supportive Services provides services to help eligible students improve class performance and find the necessary academic, financial, and career resources on campus and in the community.
- First Scholars offers services to first generation program students based on a holistic development model.
- K-State First offers first-year seminars, CAT Communities, and the Guide to Personal Success program for first-year students.
- McNair Scholar Program prepares undergraduates for successful careers as graduate students, professors, and professional researchers.
- From developing strategies to maximizing personal strengths, Academic Coaching opens up conversations related to student success. Coaches meet with students one-on-one to support them as they identify and reach academic goals, develop study and life skills, and find motivation and purpose.
- University Experience is a student success course for first-year students that combines an orientation to K-State with academic skills instruction and direct application of study techniques.
For graduate students
- The Graduate School offers various seminars and workshops including Student Success Seminars, which help students understand important requirements, deadlines and procedures to help make the journey to degree completion as smooth as possible.
- In collaboration with the Graduate School, K-State Libraries, and International and Student Scholar Services, the English Department's Writing Center offers workshops to help graduate students develop effective writing skills.
For online students
K-State Libraries is here to help on your next assignment or research project. The library offers research tools and other services. Stop by the help desk in Hale Library on the Manhattan campus or the Polytechnic campus library. Also, you can electronically ask a librarian your research questions or access thousands of library resources at one time with the search engine, Search It.
Additionally, graduate students can benefit from free hour-long "The Library and Your Research" workshops designed to provide you with a solid foundation for a successful academic experience. Visit the K-State Libraries Faculty and Graduate Services website for a full schedule or download the schedule.
Get your footing
Taking simple steps to take care of yourself can give you a boost in both your academic and personal lives. K-State Counseling Services offers many online resources, from tips on managing your time to free programs over academic anxiety.